ReEx Capital Asia is a leading Clean Energy Investment Banking and Consulting Boutique specializing in the Asia Pacific region with headquarters in Singapore and representation in USA, Europe, New Zealand, Indonesia and the Philippines:
- Capital raising for renewable energy infrastructure, energy efficiency projects, cleantech startups, green product & services companies (US$1-100m)
- Award-winning Advisor: strategy, financial structuring, M&A, due diligence, valuation, business modelling, feasibility study, market analysis, etc
- Decisive mix of financial & technical skills in energy, waste and water sectors with deep Asia Pacific market expertise and extensive industry network
- 100+ clean energy transactions over past 15 years with aggregate value in excess of US$20 billion
- Track record with international clients: GDF Suez, REC Solar, Credit Suisse, BNP Paribas, E.ON, UNEP, UNDP, Asian Development Bank, World Bank.
History & Positioning
Founded in 2006, with support from REEEP and DEG, under the name of “Renewable Energy EXchange (Asia)” or “ReEx” for short, the operation was rebranded in 2007 as “ReEx Capital Asia” when, as its Managing Director, Frédéric Crampé, explains “we needed to make it clear to the market that what we offer is a hybrid business model between consulting and investment banking services, with a strong emphasis on building capacity within the renewable energy markets, while facilitating access to appropriate sources of funding for a cleaner future”.
The challenge for large mainstream investment banks is building the expertise to find viable, fundable green projects or companies, and matching them with investors who have an appetite for smaller deals, which continue to dominate the space.
Our activities are targeted at filling this gap in the value chain by connecting capital with clean energy investment opportunities available today. We are regulated under the Monetary Authority of Singapore (”MAS”) as an exempt corporate finance advisor (#200606139H).
Together with the Asian Development Bank (ADB) and DNV GL, ReEx established in 2014 the first Intellectual Property (IP) Transfer Advisory and Brokerage Platform specialized in Low Carbon Technologies. The new company brought together selected technology providers from around the world to adopters in Developing Asia.
In 2015, ReEx Capital Asia set up a project development company to originate, develop and finance sustainable projects in Myanmar. The company, Infra Capital Myanmar – ReEx, is funded by UKAid and UK DFID through InfraCo Asia Development. Visit www.infracapmyanmar-reex.com.
Recently ReEx incubated an R&D project which led to the establishment of BeeBryte, a cleantech startup offering a Software-as-a-Service to optimize value of solar-plus-battery systems and minimize utility bills for businesses. Visit www.BeeBryte.com