Capital-Raising / M&A
ReEx Capital Asia arranges financing for renewable energy infrastructure, energy efficiency projects, cleantech startups, green product & services companies. We advise on private placement, project finance, divestments, mergers & acquisitions.
As opposed to traditional investment banks, ReEx Capital Asia is a specialist boutique (Clean Energy / Asia Pacific) addressing relatively small capital-raising needs which dominate the market today (typically US$1-100m).
Principals have been involved in transactions with an aggregated value of US$20 billion: Solar, Wind, Hydro, Biomass, Biogas, Geothermal, Biofuel, Energy Efficiency.
Our differentiation is deep sector expertise, specific geographical focus, extensive industry & government connections and most importantly close relationships with Strategic Corporate Investors, Clean Energy Infrastructure Funds, Cleantech VCs, Carbon Funds, Family Offices, DFIs and Commercial Banks active in the Asia Pacific Clean Energy space.
ReEx Capital Asia assists entrepreneurs, companies and project developers in their capital raising initiatives with respect to equity, equity-linked and debt requirements.
We cover investment opportunities from early-stage through expansion capital to pre-IPO deals located in Asia Pacific.
Our primary role and responsibilities are typically as follows:
- Prepare a confidential Information Memorandum, Financial Model, Executive Summary, Capital Raising Process letter, and Term Sheet together with the client
- Procure, on a best efforts basis, financiers and investors who we have existing relationships with as well as other parties that may have an interest in the Transaction
- Project manage the marketing and solicitation with such financiers, including the entering into non-disclosure contractual arrangements
- Advise and assist our client on the financial and commercial aspects of the transaction as well as advise on the critical transaction issues as and when they arise
- Advise and assist in relation to timing, structure, negotiation and closing of the transaction with financiers
- Coordinate the work of other professionals (including legal counsel & auditors) in preparing the documentation and managing the transaction process with financiers
- Project manage the entire due diligence process to be conducted by financiers – arranging meetings with management, site visits and attending to due diligence queries
- Advise and assist in the evaluation of binding offer letters received from financiers and, together with our client’s legal counsel, advise in the negotiation of the definitive binding transaction documents (including sale and purchase agreement)
- US$250m project financing for REC’s 66MW Solar PV power plants in Thailand
- US$30m sale of largest biogas power plant operator in SE Asia
- US$25m convertible debt from Credit Suisse in portfolio of cogeneration plants
- US$5m expansion capital for waste to bioplastic manufacturing business
- US$1m seed investment in wind project developer in the Philippines
ReEx Capital Asia helps conceptualize and implement a corporate growth strategy through acquisitions whether to augment product/service offerings, gain new technologies, diversify holdings or increase market presence.
We advise our clients through each stage of the process, from formulating an acquisition strategy and identifying potential target, through negotiations, structuring the transaction, and assisting with the closing process. ReEx Capital Asia works alongside its clients to evaluate options to maximize value of their businesses.
- Investment Advisor to the US$ 600 million Family Office of N.S. Raghavan (co-founder of Infosys Technologies in India) for strategic private equity transactions in the energy & water sectors in Asia
- Mandated by ESBI, the largest Irish Utility, to identify investment opportunities in greenfield and operating power plants with carbon credits still available for purchase (sourcing, screening, DD and transaction execution)
- Supported the regional corporate development of Cofely GDF Suez – origination, screening and transaction support for acquisition of development projects and operational plants, local energy services company and JV with local partners