ReEx Capital Asia is focused on the delivery of appropriate financial solutions for renewable energy and energy efficiency across the Asia Pacific region. Over past 15 years the company’s Principals have been associated with transaction that have an aggregate value in excess of US$20 billion.
The team has many years of cumulative experience providing independent strategic advice, structuring investment opportunities, developing business plans and financial models, assessing technical, environmental, commercial and financial viability to inform feasibility studies and due diligence. The Management team is composed of 4 Partners who are supported by Associates, Analysts and Senior Consultants:
- 35 years’ international experience in the clean energy sector
- Advisor to World Bank, IFC, UNDP, REEEP, Australian government, etc
- Board member of New Zealand State Owned Utility, Mighty River Power
- Previously executive Director of E+Co (early stage renewable energy investment fund)
- CEO of a geothermal engineering company for 25 years (NZ, Indonesia, etc)
- PhD in Engineering from Auckland University, BE (Chem)
With a background in engineering, Dr Mike Allen spent over 25 years involved in the geothermal industry undertaking project developments in Asia, Africa, Latin America and the Mediterranean.
In 1995 he was appointed Executive Director of E+Co, a US based not-for-profit established with the support of the Rockefeller Foundation. E+Co provides business development services and seed capital for the promotion of renewable energy in emerging economies.
He has worked as an independent consultant on energy finance including a role as Finance Advisor to the Vienna based Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Partnership (REEEP). He has represented REEEP in a wide range of international forums focused on improving access to finance for clean energy developments.
In November 2009 Mike was appointed to the Board of Mighty River Power in New Zealand, a State Owned Utility with significant hydro and geothermal generation. He is a member of the internal investment committee for international investments by the company into geothermal developments.
He has a PhD in Engineering from University of Auckland in New Zealand.
- 19 yrs in renewable / cleantech across Asia, US and Europe as Senior Executive & Entrepreneur
- Started as an engineer at Caltech & NASA JPL studying climate change
- International business development, corporate strategy, M&A, project finance and private equity
- Co-founded ReEx Capital Asia in 2006 and raised more than USD 1 Billion in renewable infrastructure
- Founder & CEO of BeeBryte, Director of an Energy Services Company in the Philippines
- Advisor to ADB, Engie, UNEP, BNP Paribas, several Private Equity Funds, etc
- INSEAD MBA, MSc. and MEng. from SUPAERO top French Engineering School
Investor and Entrepreneur in renewable energy sector with experience in emerging markets in roles ranging from engineering, business development, strategy, project finance, M&A, private equity to general management.
Frédéric Crampé is a Board Director of Singapore-based ReEx Capital Asia, a leading Clean Energy investment banking and consulting firm that he co-founded in 2006 and managed as CEO until 2013.
He has arranged financing in excess of US$1 Billion in renewable energy infrastructure, energy efficiency projects, cleantech start-ups and water/waste companies across Asia Pacific.
Fred also founded (a) IPEx Cleantech Asia in 2014 to help transfer clean technologies; and (b) Infra Capital Myanmar in 2015 to develop & finance sustainable infrastructure projects in Myanmar.
Fred has also served as Chief Technical Advisor to the United Nations Development Programme and Senior Financial Advisor to the Asian Development Bank.
He is shareholder of a Philippines-based energy services company operating cogeneration power plants & micro-grids; and board member of the Sustainable Energy Association of Singapore.
Fred has been advising policy-makers, funds, growth ventures and Fortune 500 companies including GDF Suez, E.ON, REC Solar, BNP Paribas, Credit Suisse, Indonesia Ministry of Finance and the Singapore Government.
He started his career in the US as an engineer at Caltech and NASA in the Satellite Earth Observation Department (studying natural disasters and climate change) before being appointed Head of Business Development for a European Environmental Engineering Services company.
Fred has an MBA from the INSEAD Business School. He initially graduated from SUPAERO, a top French engineering school with a Master in Aerospace Engineering and MSc. in Geophysics. Fred is also a Certified Energy Manager.
- 19 years clean energy experience in Europe and Asia
- USD16bn M&A transaction track record
- Financial and technical advisory services in Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines, etc
- Previously co-Head of M&A and Structured Finance at French Utility EDF in Paris and London
- Was member of EDF Energies Nouvelles Investment Committee for renewable portfolio
- Certified Engineer from SUPELEC, French Grande Ecole and IMD Entrepreneurship Program
- CFA Charterholder
Yanis has 19 years of financial and technical experience in the energy sector including project development, finance, mergers & acquisitions and risk management, with a US$16 billion M&A transaction track record.
He has been working in Asia, originating deals and helping developers raise capital and structure their projects including a 90MW biomass plant in Thailand. Yanis also advised on the establishment of the Feed-In Tariff fund in Indonesia for a European bilateral agency, the identification of most effective financial energy efficiency programs for industrial customers, the assessment of risks and contingent liabilities in respect of PPP transactions for the Philippines Department of Finance, as well as other corporate advisory mandates.
Prior to that, Yanis worked at Electricite de France (EDF) in Paris and London as co-Head of M&A and Structured Finance and served on the Investment Committee for EDF Energies Nouvelles where he appraised investment opportunities in a broad range of renewable energy projects in Europe, the US and Canada.
He served on the boards of several generation companies in Europe and China. As Commercial Director of a gas & power distribution business unit, he also developed energy efficiency products and services for industrial and SME customers.
Yanis is a Certified Engineer from SUPELEC Engineering School, France, has attended the IMD Entrepreneurship Program and holds the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation from the CFA Institute.
- 25 years experience in in infrastructure development, investment, M&A and fund raising in Asia
- 10 years+ focus on clean/renewable energy sector, both as principal investor and advisor
- Transactions and contracts in excess of USD 1bn closed
- Extensive network of industry players globally
- Previously MD of Khazanah portfolio company
- Former Senior VP M&A for China division of NYSE listed utility
- BASc from the University of British Columbia
Kent has more than 25 years’ senior executive experience in Southeast Asia and China, with a broad background in project development, direct investment, fund raising, M&A and asset management.
Prior to joining ReEx, Kent founded Qantlen Ventures, a Singapore based firm engaged in raising capital for infrastructure projects and companies in the region. He was Managing Director of Cenergi SEA, a portfolio company of Khazanah Nasional (the sovereign wealth fund of Malaysia) focussed on developing, financing and owning clean energy, energy efficiency and carbon assets in the ASEAN region. Before Cenergi, Kent was Managing Director China Investments for Camco International (a UK listed company), responsible for fund raising and deal origination. Prior to that, he was Senior VP M&A at Peak Pacific Investment Company in Beijing, where he managed the business development and investment team and closed investments totalling more than USD170 million.
Before moving to China in 1999, he was based in Singapore with one of SE Asia’s leading infrastructure development, construction and investment firms in the oil & gas, power, water supply and transportation sectors, where he closed and completed contracts totalling more than USD600 million in value.
As an entrepreneur, Kent has founded and acted as principal investor in 3 start-up companies, in both the B2B and B2C spaces. He has served on the board of numerous companies in Southeast Asia and China.
Kent began his career in in technical and management consulting in Canada and Australia, where he was involved in feasibility studies and master planning for international development agencies and large scale public-privatised infrastructure projects, including the Robert’s Bank Superport in Vancouver BC and the Sydney Harbour Tunnel. He holds a BASc from the University of British Columbia.
- Solar, biomass, energy efficiency and waste to energy expert
- Energy Infrastructure capital-raising in Thailand, Philippines and Singapore
- Lead Researcher at IPEx Cleantech Asia
- VP at Infra Capital Myanmar
- MBA from National University of Singapore
Marcus first joined ReEx Capital Asia in 2008 and has been involved in capital raising, financial structuring and consultancy, within the solar, biomass, energy efficiency and waste to energy sectors. He received an MBA from the National University of Singapore in 2015.
In his engagement with ReEx Capital Asia, Marcus has also been involved in multiple clean technology projects, including energy storage, waste to energy and other energy efficiency advisory assignments. Since 2014, he has been seconded as lead researcher to IPEx Cleantech Asia, a subsidiary of ReEx Capital Asia and a technology brokerage platform established with the Asian Development Bank (ADB) to accelerate the deployment of clean technologies in developing Asia.
As vice president of Infra Capital Myanmar (another subsidiary of ReEx Capital Asia and a $15 Million sustainable infrastructure project development facility sponsored by the UK Department for International Development), he leads a team of project development experts in Myanmar.